Monday, December 4

Weather and the Kawasaki Versys

I will resist the temptation to turn this motorcycle travel oriented blog into one huge rant about the weather--although that feels the natural way to go--it is currently 14 degrees F.

A friend turned me on to this new motorcycle from Kawasaki, the Versys. It's a sharp looking bike, unique visuals and smart lines. I especially love the shape of the headlight--very distinctive. I like odd looking motorcycles, like many of the BMW bikes. For example, the F800S looks like a rhino from the side view; look at the F650GS and the R1200GS Enduros... from the side they look like birds. I saw one once in sunflower yellow and it looked like "Big Bird," the Sesame Street character.

Back to the new Kawasaki Versys... The specifications/features indicate that the bike has a seat height of 37 inches! By far, that makes it the tallest bike I've heard of and I can't help wondering if that's an error. If anyone is listening/reading out there and knows something I don't, please enlighten me about this bike's features--I'd like it a whole lot more if I didn't need a ladder to mount it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I ran the Kaw Versys's spec. numbers and converted them. They are as follows:
Wheelbase --- 1,415mm/55.7 in.
Seat --- 840mm/33.07 in.
Fuel --- 19 lits/5.019 gal.
Weight --- 181kg/399.04 lbs.
Brake, Frt --- 300mm/11.811 in.
Rear --- 220mm/8.661 in.
Power --- 47kw@8K rpm; 63hp
Torque --- 61nm/6.8k rpm;
539.89 ft.lbs/inch

So, Queenie is now in hibernation. Can you take her out for a spin when you come to visit specially on an unseasonably warm winter day?

Vulcan AL still on a Moonbeam...

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

Huge thanks to Vulan AL!! Then the seat height was then a typo--Whew! I'm glad 'cause I'm liking the looks of the bike! It's only 40 lbs (dry weight) heavier than Queenie--I'm partial to those lightweight 'cycles. BTW, I have until late Jan. or so to take her out for a spin. After that, she'll be stripped more naked than she already is! If it gets really warm, I'm renting a bike!! I'm already going through withdrawal! Yikes!