Monday, August 14

Icon mesh gloves!

Posted by Picasa

As promised in an earlier post, here is the word on the Icon Mesh gloves. Aren't they lovely looking? The operative word is, "looking." The left glove was inspected by #16 and #21. The right, by #16 again and #23--what happened to #21? The inside stitching is rough, jagged and cuts my thumbs. I pulled the gloves inside out and tried taping up the rough edges but when my hands warm up, the tape balls up and becomes an irritating knot. These painful raw edges rub in all the wrong places. As a former sewing maven, I know that one sign of excellent stitch work is well-finished seams. These gloves look great on the outside, but the pair I have produce their own version of road rash on the inside--but only if you wear them longer than five minutes! Perhaps they'd yield over time, but how much skin abrasion should I endure until then?! If the store I bought these from weren't so far away I'd return them yesterday! Instead, I'm going to connect with Icon directly.
(Note to self: write letter to Icon before leaving).

No comments: